Application for Chinese Government Scholarship---High Level Graduate Program of Wuhan University of year 2024
The Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Graduate Program is a scholarship program established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China to support some Chinese colleges and universities to directly select and recommend talented international students to study in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities to undertake this program to recruit graduate students to study for Master and Doctoral degree.
I. Supporting Categories, Duration, Instruction Language and Majors
1. The scholarship supports master’s and doctoral students.
2. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language study, lasts 1 year for language courses study, whereas 2-3 years for master study, and 3-4 years for doctoral study.
3. Instruction language: Chinese/English.
4. The details of enrollment majors can be found from the following website. http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=168
II. Scholarship Coverage
1. Tuition and application fee waiver;
2. Free accommodation;
3. Living allowance；
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
(International travel expenses: self-afforded)
For more details about the scholarship, please visit the website at http://www.campuschina.org/
To be eligible, applicants must:
1. be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
3. be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
4. have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese- taught master’s or doctoral programs;
Applicants who have passed HSK Level 5 or above can apply for major study directly, and those who have passed the HSK Level 4 can apply to take Chinese language courses for one year first, then move on to the major study after meeting the requirement. Those who have used Chinese as the language of instruction to obtain a degree in a Chinese university are not required to provide proof of the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), but must provide a proof of the Chinese language of instruction.
5. provide a report of English Language Test when applying for English-taught master’s or doctoral programs (TOEFL 80+/IELTS 6.0+). Those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test result can provide a proof of their previous studying at an institution where the teaching language is English, and will be required to take additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate;
Applicants for English-taught master’s program of clinical medicine should have passed HSK (Level 4) or above as well, and those who have passed HSK (Level 3) can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
6. an applicant must Not be holding any other scholarship.
Ⅳ. Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
Apply to the Wuhan University directly.
When to Apply
Apply between Nov. 15, 2023 and Feb. 25, 2024.
Ⅴ. Procedure of Application
1. Firstly, register and submit your online application at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System，visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students” at http://www.campuschina.org/ . The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category-- type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0).
For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
As for the details of online application, please check the Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System via http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.
2. Next, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn. Please choose sources of funds -- Chinese Government Program. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University”.
Once submitted, amendments cannot be made on the application.
3.Third，the candidates who have obtained the recommended qualification of Wuhan University shall submit a pre-admission notice issued by Wuhan University and other additional documents at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System at https://www.campuschina.org/ before March 15, 2024.
Ⅵ. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English online);
2. Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University (filled in Chinese or English online);
3. Copy of Ordinary Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current ordinary passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before March 1 2025), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
4. Notarized highest diploma/degree certificate (from the undergraduate program onwards). The original notarized copies issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp. Prospective diploma winners must submit an official pre-graduation certificate and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school. The pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English;
6. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for English-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates, like IELTS or TOFEL report;
7. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; The content of the plan shall include completely and clearly your personal introduction, education experience, the purpose of study in China, your acknowledge about China and Wuhan university, study plan, research direction, and future development vision. The example can be found at http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81;
8. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall be dated and signed by referees, and it shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities and evaluation of future growth. ;
9. Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system.
10. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
11. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months. The form can be downloaded from: http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.
12. Non-Criminal Record report in English or Chinese. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
13. An acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (can be downloaded from http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81, filled in Chinese or English)(if available). Contact information of some professors can be found at http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=173
14. Other additional documents (e.g. certificate of work or internship, award, publications).
1. Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
2. There is no application fee for the Chinese Government Scholarship--High Level Graduate Program in Wuhan University. Please contact Wuhan University directly, Wuhan University does Not entrust any individual or agent for enrollment.
3. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
4. Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Please bring the originals of all the above-mentioned documents when you register. Those who provide a prospective diploma certificate must bring the original official graduation certificate for verification.
5. In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
6. Please visit the website
http://admission.whu.edu.cn/cn/?c=content&a=list&catid=165 for the frequently asked questions if you have any doubts about the application.
Ⅶ. Admission and Registration
1. Wuhan University will review all the application documents, determine candidates and send the pre-admission letter by email. Those who don’t receive the pre-admission letter before March 15, 2024 fail the evaluation of our university.
2. The candidates shall complete the online application of the CSC Online Application System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) before March 15th, 2024, and the application documents shall include the pre-admission letter issued by Wuhan University.
3. CSC will review qualifications and application documents of candidates nominated by Wuhan University, and decide the final list of scholarship winners.
4. Wuhan University will inform and send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners around the end of July 2024.
5. The Scholarship winners will enroll in the end of August or early September 2024, and go through the admission and registration procedures at Wuhan University in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice. You will be regarded as giving up this admission if you fail to register within the time limit without the permission of our university.
6. The Scholarship winners shall not be allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Notice after their coming to China.
7. The Scholarship qualification will be evaluated annually.
Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072;
Post code: 430072
Person: Ms. Yuan