Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program (Year 2020)
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available.
Applicants should consult the dispatching authorities in your home countries for the programs available and the specific deadline each year, and apply to the dispatching authorities before the deadline. Usually the application is made through the Chinese Embassies/Consulates in your home country.
Ⅰ. Funding Category, Duration and Teaching Language
Chinese Language (preparatory)Study
up to 2
up to 2
up to 2
General scholar programs
up to 1
up to 1
Up to 2
Senior scholar programs
up to 1
up to 1
Up to 2
1. Undergraduate scholarship students must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught programs or English-taught programs if applicable. Program Search （By visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org） can help you find the program and university you're interested in. Some of the majors can be taught in English in Wuhan University. Please check the information at http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=index
2. The duration of scholarship is definite, including major studies and Chinese study period. In principal, it cannot be extended.
Ⅱ. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The Bilateral Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
More details can be found on http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
Ⅲ. Procedure of Application
Step1. Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for the details and requirements of Bilateral Program and submit the application as required. You should consult the dispatching authorities for Instructions of CGS Information System and Agency Number.
Step2. Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System （Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in）, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy.
Step 3. Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered. Candidates holding a Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Ⅳ. Application Documents (all in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English）.
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate and student performance certificate in school issued by your current school, the pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Document in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
5. Two Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Valid documents of your legal guardians in China(only required for applicants under the age of 18）;
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy）, （written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81）; The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university （if available）. Please visit our website for application details of pre-admission letter http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=185
9. A copy of HSK Certificate （if available）.
10. A copy of English level certificate, such as IELTS or TOEFL (only required for applicants for English-medium program). Usually applicants should have IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 80 and above if applicants apply for the English-medium program in Wuhan University. For those who cannot offer the above mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University will be required to participate in. Native English-speaking applicants may be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
Note: All documents should be bound together on the top left corner in the order of 1 to 10. You should submit TWO sets of bound documents. No application document will be returned.
Ⅴ. Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended applicants from dispatching authorities will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university's teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the applicants’ host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship Recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the Chinese embassy or consulate-general before July 31st. The Chinese embassy or consulate-general will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the dispatching authorities or scholarship recipients.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
Ⅵ. Contact information of CSC
Please visit the website for the details http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74775.html
Ⅶ. Contact information of Wuhan University
Address: Admission Office101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, Hubei Province, P.R.China
Post code: 430072,
Contact Person: Ms.YUAN