Once admitted, you will receive the university’s letter of admission and JW202 form. The applicant can apply for X1 or X2 visa at Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in your home country.
When applying for your visa, please remember to take along with you your valid passport, the original copy of the university’s admission notification and a Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form). Do make sure that your letter of admission and your JW202 form is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival at the university.
International Students who will be studying in China must possess ordinary passports with study visa (Category X) . The students who enter into China with the other kinds of visas can not study in Wuhan University or get residence permit. Important: The Student Visa ‘X1’ Visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days in order to obtain a legal status in China at Wuhan Municipal Public Security Bureau.
Furthermore, you are not eligible to apply for a Residence Permit until you are a registered student of Wuhan University, namely before the day of registration.
International students with study visa (Category X) shall apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China. Late applicants will have to shoulder the responsibilities for the delay and overdue fine. The following documents are required for the application of the residence permit:
1.Passport (Original) and passport copy(Basic Personal Information Page, Entry Visa Page and Entry Date Page)
2. Residence Permit Application Form
3. Registration Form of Residence
4. Admission Notice
5. JW201/202 Form (Visa Application Form for Study in China)
6. Physical Examination Report issued by HUBEI INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL HEALTHCARE CENTER (#453 Luoshi Rd, Hongshan District, Wuhan City)
7. Certificate issued by Student Affairs Office (Room 111)
8. 2 Photos, (2 inches, 3.5cm*4.5cm)
1. Apply item 2 & 7 at Student Affairs Office (Room 111)
2. For student resident at the dormitory of Wuhan University, apply item 3 at Housing Office of international students dormitory Building 3; for students resident outside campus, apply item 3 at local police station with relevant documents issued by Student Affairs Office (Room 111)
3. Apply item 4 &5 at admission Office (Room 101)
4. Students who obtained Physical Examination Report from their home country also NEED to go to HUBEI INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL HEALTHCARE CENTER to verify their report
5. The address of visa office is Citizen ‘s home, No.117, Jinqiao Street, Jiangan district, Wuhan City.
Extension of Visa and Residence Permit
International students should pay attention to the validity of their residence permits and entry visas and make proper arrangement for extensions if necessary. The overdue fines caused by expiration of validity of residence permits or entry visas should be born by offender. The international students expected to continue their study at Wuhan University after the expiration of their residence permits or X2 visa should apply for extension 10 days before the expiration date to School of International Education of Wuhan University. (Self-financing students shall pay tuition before confirming the extension of their residence permits or visas. The extension in need should be processed before the end of the semester).