Chinese Government Scholarship---China-Africa Friendship Program of Wuhan University (2021)
Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for graduate studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
Categories, Majors, Teaching Language and Duration
The scholarship only supports full-time graduate students. It supports master’s students for no more than three years, or doctoral students for no more than four years. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Admission Letter. The followings are majors available. Further notice will be given if there were any changes.
Chinese / English
School of Computer Science
Geospatial Information Technology
(Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing/Geodesy and Surveying Engineering/Cartography and Geographic Information Engineering)
Chinese / English
State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering in Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing,etc
(Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering)
|School of Civil Engineering|
1. Applicants with African countries' nationalities and in good health.
2. Applicants who apply for a master degree should be under 35 years old and possess a bachelor degree. Applicants who apply for a Ph. D degree should be under 40 years old and possess a master degree.
3. Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. Applicants who took English-medium program in previous school but could not provide the above mentioned standard English test result should provide extra supporting documents issued by previous school and take additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
Applicants from English-speaking country where English is the official language could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
4. Applicants applying for Chinese-medium programs should provide at least HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test). Applicants who passed HSK level 5 or above can directly proceed to the major study, those who have not reached HSK level 5 can apply for one-year Chinese language training courses, and then proceed to the degree study after meeting the requirement.
Applicants whose native language is Chinese or able to provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver after the approval of Wuhan University.
5. Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students.
Coverage and Criteria
1. Tuition fee waiver;
2. Free accommodation;
3. Living allowance;
4. Comprehensive medical insurance;
5. International travel expenses: self-afforded.
For more information, please visit the CSC website at: http://www.campuschina.org/
Time for Application
From January 1st to April 15th, 2021.
Any application submit after April 15th will not be considered.
Procedure for Application
1. Register and submit your online application at CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by China-Africa Friendship under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you have completed the form.
2. Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn, submit the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” in the online system and other required documents as listed below:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
2. Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
3.Original and copy of notarized graduate certificate, degree certificate and academic transcripts issued by the school or university with official stamp on them. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status, expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in language other than Chinese and English should attach notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
5. Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
6. Copy of Passport Home Page: Application shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1,2022.
7. Non-criminal record report in English or Chinese. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
8.Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese. It can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination as the result is only valid for six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for school registration.
9. Copy of Valid HSK level certificate is required if applying for Chinese-medium program; valid English level certificate is necessary for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
10. Copy of Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
11. Performance certificate from the China's universities if the applicants had been or are studying in China.
1. There is no application fee for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Africa Friendship Program in Wuhan University.Applicants should apply directly to Wuhan University. Any application submitted by agencies will not be considered.
2. Please do not send us hard copies of your application documents unless your application passed our initial review. After receiving our confirmation email, please send us one sets of your application documents by post. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript, the original document is not required, but the original notarized one should be submitted instead. Please do not bind your documents. Please write “China-Africa Friendship Program” on the cover page. Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
3. Incomplete application document or wrong university code information will not be accepted. Please make sure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
4. In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if necessary.
5. Please visit the website http://admission.whu.edu.cn for the frequently asked questions if you have any doubts about the application.
Admission and Registration
1. The Pre-admission result of the program will be send to applicants by email around the end of May, 2021. The final result of scholarship winners will be informed at the end of July 2021, and the official admission document will be delivered at that time.
2. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline stipulated on the admission notice.
3. Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the admission notice after their coming to China.
4. Scholarship qualification will be evaluated annually.
Contact Person: She Yuanyang (Ms. Norah)
Mail Address: Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072;
Post code: 430072