Confucius Institute Scholarship of Wuhan University （Year 2019）
Ⅰ. Application Candidate
Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition, (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45. Undergraduate student shall not exceed the age limit of 25).
Ⅱ. Category of Scholarship & Eligibility Criteria
1. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should with a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level) but no prior experience of studying in China.
2. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level).
3. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
The funding period is four academic years. Applicants should have a high school education and Chinese proficiency is higher than HSK (Level 4) 210 points, HSKK (Intermediate level) 60 points.
4. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 2 academic years. Applicant should own a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Applicant who is able to provide the employment agreement or certification from designated working institutions is preferred.
Ⅲ. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Scholarship Coverage
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
2. Scholarship Criteria
The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For MTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person.
Accommodation fee is CNY 700 per person on monthly basis.
Comprehensive medical insurance is RMB800 per person on yearly basis.
Ⅳ. Application Process & Application Documents
1. For application, please log on the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results. (You can check “The List of Application Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarships” on http://cis.chinese.cn)
2.Register and apply online in Wuhan University at http://admission.whu.edu.cn ，submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University”and application documents required, and send necessary documents to Wuhan University.
3.The application deadlines are
a) December 20th (for those commencing in Feb 2019)
b) May 20th (for those commencing in September 2019)
c) Nov 20th (for those commencing in Feb 2020)
V. Contact Information
1. Admission Office101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, Hubei Province, P.R.China
Post code: 430072
Contact Person: Ms. Feng
2.Division of Scholarships, Confucius Institute Headquarters / Hanban
Confucius Institute Scholarship Website：http://cis.chinese.cn
HSK and HSKK Website：http://www.chinesetest.cn