|Subject||Science & Engineering|
|Start date||September 4, 2017|
|Application fee||RMB 800 (USD 140)|
Software engineering is an engineering science focusing on the research of large-scale software development methods, tools and management. The key characteristic of software engineering is based on the engineering principles and methods which are used to organize and standardize the software development process. The main research contents of software engineering include software development methodology and environments, software tools and integration technology, software automation and automated testing techniques, software quality control and software reuse technology.
Guided by software engineering theory, the design and implementation of practical projects are employed in our curriculum system as a means to strengthen the engineering awareness and team collaboration capabilities of our students while making them achieve professional software development, software testing and project management skills. The combination of theory courses and practical applications is emphasized in our teaching contents, and the case studies and practical research are especially highlighted. The teaching methodologies including team learning, case analysis, field research, engineering practice and simulation training are frequently used in the teaching process. Great attentions are also paid to cultivate the research and the problem-solving ability of our students.
The PhD program of Software Engineering includes the following specializations:
· Software Engineering
· Digital Media
· Service Science
1. Wuhan University Application Form for Foreign Students with a photograph fixed. It can be downloaded after the completion of online application.
2. Diploma and degree certificate( notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
3. Related transcripts( notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
4. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English
5. English proficiency test result for non-native English speakers
6. One photocopy of your valid passport
7. Study plan
8. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by WHU Professor
1) All required documents must be in Chinese or English;
2) The application documents will not be returned.
Facing the needs of the construction of national economy and development, the software engineering specialty aims at training compound, practical, internationally competitive and high-level software talents who master cutting-edge technology of software engineering domain and can engage in large-scale software project analysis, design, testing and software project management processes.
How to apply
Step 1 Submit Application Documents: Complete the online application and upload all application documents.
Step 2 Qualification Verification: It takes about 14 workdays for Qualification Verification for postgraduate students.
Step 3 Admission Notice: We would send out admission letter and JW202 about a week after the documents verification.
Please confirm your address with Wuhan University. DHL cannot deliver to a P.O.BOX