|Subject||Chinese Language & Culture|
|Start date||September 4, 2017|
|Application fee||RMB 600 (USD 100)|
Main or Core Courses of this Major
Comprehensive Chinese (elementary, intermediate and advanced), Chinese Reading (elementary, intermediate and advanced), Chinese Listening (elementary, intermediate and advanced), Chinese Speaking (elementary, intermediate and advanced), Modern Chinese (Lexicon, Grammar and Rhetoric), Chinese Literature (Ancient, Modern and Contemporary literature), Chinese Culture and Translation etc.
The college has a long history of international students’ enrollment and teaching, with abundant teaching experience and research outcomes. 31 regular teachers teaching Chinese to international students work together as a qualified professional team .There are 3 professors, 9 associate professors, which occupies 39%. There are 23 teachers who have got PhD. Degree and who are still studying for PhD. Degree, which occupies 74% .There are 25 teachers who have got the qualification certificates for the teachers teaching Chinese language to foreigners in China, which occupies 81%.The distribution of teachers age is reasonable. 6 teachers are at age of 41-60, which occupies 20% .25 teachers are under 40, which occupies 80%. 5 teachers are the members of the World Chinese Language Society for Foreigners and 21 teachers are the members of China’s Chinese Language Society for Foreigners. In addition to the regular teachers, the college has also recruited 20 part-time teachers, all of whom have senior professional titles. Many academicians of Chinese Language join the courses as the visiting professors.
The college designs nearly 40 various specialized required courses and elective courses. The college has been improving the teaching method, teaching means, teaching modes and the curriculum design to the students from different countries accordingly, and encouraging the teachers to facilitate the teaching by the multi-media and many hi-tech means. Simultaneously the focus is on the study of pedagogy. During the instruction, the popularization of Chinese culture is emphasized on as more than 10 cultural courses are designed, which plays a significant role in cultivating foreign friends who will be familiar and friendly with China. In the teaching process the specific communication contexts, the interaction between teachers and students, the practical communication skills, and the social practice for Chinese acquisition inside and outside the classroom are focused. The regular academic salons are organized each semester, and some well-known professors majoring in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language are invited to give lectures, which promotes teachers to analyze the teaching issues theoretically, summarize the teaching experience and explore the new teaching methodology.Based on Chinese language and culture, one integration and two levels in the education of a whole learner in accordance with the characteristics of the international students are formed. Integration means culture is also covered while language is taught. and vice versa. Two levels means the language-level courses, and culture and literature-level courses which have developed from elementary -intermediate ability to intermediate-advanced ability forming an intersectional system of knowledge to produce a famous brand of the undergraduate program in Chinese language and Chinese culture and develop a famous brand of undergraduates who will use and publicize Chinese language and culture in their future work and life in the world.
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, above the age of 18 and under the age of 30, have attained a senior high school diploma.
- Wuhan University Application Form for Foreign Students with a photograph fixed. It can be downloaded after the completion of online application.
- High school diploma (notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation);
- High school transcripts (notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation);
- One photocopy of your valid passport;
- The candidates are required to provide New HSK Level 4 examination result if they plan to start from Grade 2;New HSK Level 5 result slips are required if the candidates plan to start the program from the third year.
- Students who do not have HSK certificate can apply and start from the first year.
Note The applications documents and related documents will not be returned.
The objects of Chinese Language are non-Chinese students from foreign countries.
The objective is to develop the whole learners who can apply basic Chinese theory and systematic professional knowledge. The specific requirements are listed as following:
1. Students should have solid Chinese language competence and Chinese communication ability.
2. Students should master basic Chinese theory and knowledge systematically.
3. Students should master basic knowledge of humanities, and be familiar with national condition of China and Chinese culture.
4. Students should master the research methods of this discipline and develop the ability of application at the elementary level.
The graduates majoring in Chinese Language must at least pass HSK band 5.
How to apply
Step 1 Submit Application Documents: Complete the online application and upload all application documents.