|Start date||September 4, 2017|
|Application fee||RMB 800 (USD 140)|
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, above the age of 18 and under the age of 30.
2. Applicants shall hold a senior high school diploma and provide high school transcript with the marks above B or over 70%.
3. Applicants shall have strong competence in English language. Students from non- English speaking countries must provide the certificates of learning English in the primary and secondary schools or the certificates of English proficiency test.
4. Applicants shall have reliable economic supports and guarantors. Medical insurance is compulsory during the period of study at our university.
5. All the students in this program will be given one year as probation.
How to Apply
Step 1 Submit Application Documents
Complete the online application and upload:
1. High school diploma (notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
2. High school transcripts (notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
3. Photocopy of your valid passport
4. English Proficiency Result t for non-native English speakers
Step 2 Qualification Verification
All application documents will be sent to College of Medicine for qualification verification and it will take about 14 workdays. The application documents will not be returned.
Step 3 Admission Notice
We would send out admission letter and JW202 about a week after the documents verification. Please confirm your address with Wuhan University. DHL cannot deliver to a P.O. Box.
School of Medicine of Wuhan University was founded in 1923. It includes 5 schools, 6 research centers and 3 A-Level Grade Ⅲ affiliated hospitals. The hospitals have 5080 beds, 15 million out-patients per year, 50,000 in-patients per year, 25,000 major operations and a full list of disciplines covering 100 clinical and auxiliary departments and 30 laboratories. It has a competent staff with an impressive figure of 2500, 1125 of whom are professors, chief physicians, associate professors and deputy chief physicians. The school now has more than 5,100 students, including 3,000 undergraduates, 1,500 graduates and 600 foreign students. Through academic exchanges, the school maintains good relationships and collaborates with hospitals and institutes in America, Britain, France, Germany, Finland and Japan as well as Hong Kong and Taiwan.
WHU School of Medicine provides abundant specialties for medical students, including Clinical Medicine (five-year, six-year, seven-year, and eight-year), Stomatology Medicine (five-year, seven-year, eight-year), Preventive Medicine, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Nursing. Clinical Medicine is "undergraduate brand specialty" among medical schools under Ministry of Education of China The school has two Provincial Demonstration Centers of Experimental Teaching: Basic Medicine Experimental Teaching Center and Clinical Skills Experimental Teaching Center. The total area of experimental teaching building is 7432 square meters. The experimental teaching centers are well organized and fully functioning. Within them, there are 2689 equipment with a total worth of 42.92 million RMB. There are three experimental teaching platforms in the Basic Medicine Experimental Teaching Center: Morphology, Kinesiology, and Molecular Biology and Immunology experimental teaching platforms. In the Clinical Skills Experiment Teaching Center, it is equipped with advanced medical experiment facilities like iStan Intelligent Simulation Robots, Sim Comprehensive Simulating Robots, SimBaby Infant Comprehensive Simulating Robots, High Simulating Head Model, PCR Models, and Obstetric Delivery Models. WHU School of Medicine has three direct affiliated first class hospitals for students practice and internship after graduation. The three hospitals are WHU Stomatology Hospital, WHU Renmin Hospital (Hubei Province Renmin Hospital), and Wuhan Plus, University Zhongnan Hospital. Renmin Hospital has 2680 beds while Zhongnan Hospital has 2100 beds. WHU School of Medicine has 11 indirect affiliated teaching hospitals, which are all first class hospitals. It also has six Clerkship Teaching Centers in Community Health Centers.